Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Best Zambian Music Video?



About three months ago while taking the TAZARA train to Dar es Salaam this video played on the TV in the lounge car and I was subsequently heart broken. Keep watching cuz it gets really good around the the 3:20 mark and then there's a giant pumpkin.

But hey, Zambian music isn't all Autotune love songs (well mostly). There's some great Youtube videos out there of a ZNBC show from the eighties showing performances of the classic Congolese influenced stuff. I'm trying to get a hold of a song that, I think, is an old-school house remix of the vocals from this song:



The song I'm thinking of was playing a lot in the Lusaka clubs for the last year but the DJ at Alpha bar had no idea what it was called. All I know is a a cab driver telling me that it was an old Tonga song. If anyone knows what it's called, or has an mp3, please please please email me.

2 comments:

  1. Have you had a look at some of the amazing Zambian Music Videos at http://www.zedclips.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across this youtube like site with the best Zambian Music Videos. Check out this Video blog called. Deovitube

    ReplyDelete